Olympics

DSC_8580Creative Commons License K.M. Klemencic via Compfight

Activity 3 (Summery of what happened at the competition.)

Journal paragraph 1

Hi, my name is Carly Smith and I had a gymnastics competition today in Louisville. Even though I had done this a million times I was still really nervous, I couldn’t even feel my feet. I had to go my mom was yelling at me to come downstairs so I had to go or I would have gotten scratched, but I knew she wouldn’t do that to me because she likes watching me compete. At least if I don’t fall, or get hurt, about that.

Journal Paragraph 2

Ok we finally got there, I couldn’t believe we were finally there. My last competition of the whole season. “Mom I see me coach and teammates, I will see you later” I said very excitedly. “Do your absolute best Carly. Love you,” my mom said in my ear when she hugged me.

In my opinion it was a pretty good day, until I got to beam. This was my last event of the day and I was felling so confident. All of my other events I got a 9:000 or above, I was trying to not to blow my award on beam away.

Journal paragraph 3

So, I saluted the judge and took a deep breath. My mount was perfect, nice and crisp. My dance was beautiful, ok now here’s where it gets awful. I finished my dance and I was about to just chuck my back hand spring back hand spring. When I went for my second back hand spring, I felt my feet start slipping off of the beam.

What do you think will happen next?

Activity 4

DSC_5122Creative Commons License K.M. Klemencic via CompfightDSC_4891Creative Commons License K.M. Klemencic via CompfightDSC_4876Creative Commons License K.M. Klemencic via CompfightDSC_4940Creative Commons License K.M. Klemencic via CompfightDSC_5423Creative Commons License K.M. Klemencic via Compfight

Gymnast competing on Bars